Rules for submission:
- Each artwork submission should have between 1-5 good quality images of the artwork attached. 3D artworks should include 3 or more images of the artwork from different angles.
- If the file is too large to submit (for example a digital photograph) a lower-resolution thumbnail of the image is acceptable.
- Images should be uploaded in one PDF file per artwork, i.e., separate PDFs for each artwork submitted.
Guidelines for Artwork:
- Any student work, created for a class or independently, can be submitted.
- Due to the location of the installation, artwork with political or sexual themes may not be accepted.
- Due to the display cases, three dimensional artwork is limited by size.
- Acceptable 3D artworks shall not exceed 24” in any direction and should not exceed 20 lbs in weight.
- Submissions that don't meet the guidelines will be left out of the jurying process.
Things to Know:
- Selected artwork will be displayed in the Great Hall Gallery, located outside of the Harris Ballroom in the Gatton Student Center.
- 2D works that are selected for display will be framed and/or presented in a uniform manner that is TBD and at no cost to the student. The artwork will be returned to the student with the frame after de-installation.
- Installation will take place at the beginning of the semester and will remain until the end of the semester.
- De-installation will take place during the last three weeks of the semester, and you will be notified via email regarding pick-up.
Accepted students will be notified via email in late April, and information about artwork drop-off and logistics will be communicated at that time.